Saturday, February 27, 2010

Raptors Vs. Cavaliers Recap Fri, Feb 26 2010

First of all, I want to say thank you to the Raptors for giving away tickets via Twitter. Yesterday, I thought I was going to have a low-key night; stay at home and juggling channels between women's curling gold medal game, The Raptors game, and the men's semifinal hockey game. Turned out I was wrong. The Raptors had a random twitter contest; it was announced like 5 minutes (4:55pm) before the actual contest starts. Luckily I was sitting in front of my computer with my Tweetdeck up and running. At 5 pm, the Raptors asked "Name three players that have played for both the #Cavs and #Raptors. First correct reply gets a pair of tickets to tonight's game at ACC... " That question was so easy compare to Reggie Evans' trivia/tickets giveaway questions. The Raptors announced the winner by 5:05, then I got all the details by 5:10, left by 5:15 to catch the GO bus that leaves about half an hour later. Called my old housemate up to meet me at the ACC.

When I got to the ACC, you wouldn't believe who was waiting in the will-call line in front of me. It was Damon Allen, arguably one of the Toronto Argonauts greatest QBs. He was wearing a toque to keep it in the down low. I was going to say hi and asked for a picture but I didn't, because if I get a picture with him other people in line will start asking who he is and wanting their picture taken too and it's not like he has anywhere else to escape, because he still need to get his tickets. So when he turned around and looked at me I gave him the Man Nod.


Got my ticket and I eagerly checked where I'm going to be sitting; Section 307 Row 1 Seat 14 and 15, not bad! I love sitting in the corner area, you can see everything from there.


Here's Reggie Evans layin the ball. Last night was his best offensive game this season.


The Raptor and little Raptors pied a guy who's wearing a Lebron James' jersey in the face (obviously planted), great in game entertainment.


Halftime shoot around.

The ACC was quite loud in the fourth quarter; it gave me the playoff-game feeling. I also love the fact that 4Korners play Pump It Up by Danzel at the beginning of the fourth quarter; that song makes me fist pumping like a champ every time I hear it! I was so glad no one attempted to do the wave like that Saturday game against the Wizards.

I was so happy when the raptors tied the game at 111 (I think) and the Raptors called a time out for their last play. It must have been a really tough decision to call a play. Should you go attack the basket for the easy two and potentially draw a foul for a three point play OR to shoot it from downtown. They really did need a three-point play, because LeBron or AP are capable of nailing threes for a buzzer beater. I wasn't so happy after the time out when I saw Hedo handled the ball. I was saying this "No, not Hedo...Why coach? Give the last play to Jarrett Jack or someone else". Turned out I was right Hedo took a really bad three pointer, a very poor shot selection. I wouldn't care as much if he shot a clean three pointer (foot planted, etc), but the Cavs guard him quite tight last night and he could've just drove the ball to the basket and draw a foul like he did against the Lakers. That last play was really sloppy. The ball didn't go in, Cleveland called a timeout with one second left in the game clock. Ex-Raptor AP took the final shot for Cleveland but he didn't drain the ball. Overtime. The crowd went nuts.

I made a new friend during that 4th quarter/overtime break. This girl in sec 307 row 1 seat 13 shot a video and asked me how this game gonna end. I told her the Raptors could win this if they play tight defense and not allowing easy buckets in the paint. She then asked "they could win...but will they win it?" Then I told her that The Raptors WILL win the game.
OT started, Mo Williams scored first with two quick three pointers. My prediction was totally wrong, it wasn't really their defense that troubled them in the OT; it was their offense. The Raptors ran out of gas, it was really sad. Andrea Bargnani couldn't seemed to find the basket and the rest of the Raptors offense looked very disorganized.

At the end of the game, the girl in seat 13 recorded a video again and asked me "so what happened? I thought you said the Raptors would win this game?" I told her that the raps ran out of gas.

Although they probably lost because I jinxed them prior to the overtime just like how I jinxed Cheryl Bernard in her gold medal game by saying she has the gold medal in the bag already.
Stumble
Delicious
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment