Sunday, February 21, 2010

Raptors Vs. Wizards Recap

On Tuesday night @adamtheunlikely said he has an extra ticket to the Raptors game on Saturday night (Basketball Night in Canada). Without hesitation, I told him that I'd go with him.

Met up with Adam at Gate 1 at the ACC. We then went to the Centre Sports to trade in my old purple and green Ray Allen jersey that I've never worn. I don't even remember how I got that jersey; I've never worn it either. Centre Sports have this program that if you trade in your old jersey (it can be any pro-sports jersey), you would get 30% off your next jersey purchase. Your old jersey would be donated to the Boys and Girls Club of Canada. This offer valid until the end of February. I ended up getting a Rasho Nesterovic black jersey; it's mint.

Before we head to our seat, we stopped by Gate 5 and said hi to Raptorspace Kat. We then took a picture of the three of us; Yup, that's me wearing my white Roko Ukic jersey. Too bad Roko is not even playing in the NBA anymore. Oh, Kat grew a couple of inches since the last time I saw her...nah she just got her high heels on, no black mini-skirts though(if you know what I'm talking about here, you've been listening to a lot of crappy music).

The first half of this game was really good offensively. Defensively it was pretty bad, considering The Wizards just got a lot of new players in their team via trade. The third quarter was bad. The Raptors lost the lead and played like their typical third quarter effort. They came back in the fourth quarter, played some clutch defense (Andrea Bargnani), Jarrett Jack took over the game by attacking the rim. Hedo got rid of his mask. Antoine Wright made some really important buckets for the Raptors. I wonder whatever happens to Marco Belinelli. I haven't seen him play in the last two games.

The crowd was pretty loud at the ACC last night. I lost my voice from cheering on the Raps. It was quite an emotional game. At one point the crowd at the ACC did the wave when the Raptors were down. Went around like three times. I didn't do the wave, because the Raptors did not have a blowout (they weren't even leading). Whoever started it was a tool; probably the same guy who started the wave when The Jays are down and it's the Jays turn to pitch. SMH.

I wish 4Korners would play the intro of Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes during some critical time in the fourth quarter. That would really pumps the crowd and give everyone goosebumps.

I think that's about it... I'm outta here, gonna chow down this free pizza I got from The Raptors :)
Stumble
Delicious
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment