Thursday, March 4, 2010

Raptors Red Party Recap- March 3rd 2010 @MUZIK

The Raptors Red Party is an event hosted by the Raptors and the MLSE Team Up Foundation to raise money for the kids in need. This was my first time going to the Red Party so I didn't know what to expect. I was thinking a sit down dinner, some sort of speech from Brian Colangelo or Coach Triano and Team Up Foundation ED. Nope..I was wrong, none of this happened. It was a mingling party. No dinner, lots of snacks and best of all... FREE BOOZE (didn't expect this either). You read it right, no real dinner and free booze. Can you say messy night? Keep reading to find out my friend.

When my friend Adam and I got there, it was busy, but wasn't too packed yet and there was no music yet. Felt a little bit awkward, we went to the bar for some champagne. I then asked how much is it for a bottle of MGD and whiskey and coke; she told me it's free! Bomb...

We first met Adnan Virk and asked if we could get a picture. He replied: "Yes, of course...hold on, let me get some girls to be in the pictures with us too". How can you not love this guy?



Then I met Eric Smith. I told him that I really appreciate how he try to respond to everyone on Twitter.



and Jack Armstrong. We talked about the ideal playoffs spot for the Raptors for a quite a bit.


We walked around, get some snacks and more drinks, and spotted Nav Bhatia a.k.a. The Raptors Superfan. I asked him if I could get a picture with him. He said yes

As soon as this picture was snapped, I saw Brian Colangelo came out of nowhere RAN towards us and told Adam to get in the picture with Nav as well...


So yea, this pic was taken by Brian Colangelo, The Raptors GM. We then asked BC to be in the picture with us



BC was one of the happiest guy I've seen last night. He walked around talking to people with huge smiles on his face. It's a totally different BC than the one you see on TV.


Then all the players started head towards the dance floor and people start taking pictures with them. I don't remember the exact order of who did I take picture with, so I'm just gonna post the rest of it here.

Amir Johnson



Antoine Wright



Coach Triano said it doesn't matter where The Raptors finish as long as they're in the Playoffs. He didn't really want to comment the ideal spot for the Raptors in the Playoffs.



Jose said his elbow is getting better



Marco Belinelli with no Andrea Bargnani, because he was sick.



I told POB we should go curling sometimes.



I accidentally touched Rasho's butt while trying to get in position, he doesn't looked impressed here lol. Then I told him that I have his jersey, he said "nice, I like that. Thank you"



Talked to Sherm about how nice it is to see him on Court Surfing on Tuesday nights.



Took a picture with Akil before we shot Raptorspace



Took a picture with Kat after we shot Raptorspace.



AND THEN.....Out of nowhere DRAKE came on stage to perform.

I actually got this pic from from Facebook somewhere.




Video of Drake peforming, via Akil. Much better than the cell-phone version I got.



Finally before my night ended, I got to meet Stackmack who updates you with players' quotes after practice & injury updates and Nat77 from Twitter.



On our way out we got some free swags that consists of a bottle of olive oil, a bag of harvest cheddar Sun Chips, and a coupon for a 12 pack of Coke. This is a totally random mix of swags. The funny thing was I ran out of olive oil two days ago and was supposed to buy one. I don't have to anymore now.


Overall, it was a great experience and I'm quite surprised with all the free booze and the lack of food I got, it didn't turn into a messy night. I've met quite a few new people there as well as the Raptors celebrities. The greatest thing that happened was jamming to Drake with the Raptors players. How often do you get to do that?



Random notes:
-I didn't take a picture with Chris Bosh, because he was swarmed by tonnes of people. He looked exhausted midway through. So I didn't even bother asking him for a picture. I asked him about his ankle and he said it's getting better. Whether he would play on Friday vs. the Knicks, he said he doubt it.
-I didn't see Andrea Bargnani because I think he was sick yesterday and didn't attend practice.
-Hedo was busy entertaining the VIP tables at the back. He looked like he had fun.
-Reggie seemed like he had a great night. Not too many people asked him for his autograph, maybe because he looked quite intimidating. He "box" out even when he's not on the court. Nah...he was nice.
-Hadi's world was a bit of a snob.
Stumble
Delicious
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment